This program aims to stimulate growth and employment opportunities, and to support and encourage new development and enterprise, throughout the shire by practical means.
Eligible applicants include businesses that must meet the following criteria and enter into an agreement with council (For Business Employment Development Incentive only):
- Businesses must be in the WWSC area.
- A minimum of one new job must be created and be a net increase in full-time equivalent employees by a business, to be eligible for a rates rebate.
- Jobs must be the equivalent of permanent full time hours (eg. A full time position is constituted by a minimum of 38 hours plus per week).
- All shire rates and municipal chargers or levies must be up to date.
- The nominated employee/s principal residence is located within the WWSC area.
- If the business premises are leased and the business owner is not responsible for payment of rates, the business is still eligible for a rate rebate and can apply. As the rate rebate will apply to the landlord, it is up to the tenant (business owner) and landlord to enter into a separate agreement.
- Where trades persons are making application, apprentices and skilled new employees will be considered.
The rest of this grant's information is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.