This program is designed to assist private businesses and local governments that use, or intend to use, their unique historic heritage assets as part of their current or proposed business undertakings or business opportunities in Tasmania.
Eligible applicants must:
- Own a current or intended business within the visitor economy that operates or will operate from a heritage roperty permanently entered on the Tasmanian Heritage Register. These businesses may include, but are not limited to:
a) Tourism outlets
b) Accommodation venues
c) Hospitality outlets
d) Retail outlets
e) Cellar door operations
f) Other eligible businesses within the visitor economy
- Undertake an approved activity that broadly includes refurbishment, expansion, development, conservation or deferred maintenance of their heritage property.
- Have met all regulatory and statutory approvals for the project including the necessary heritage and planning approvals from relevant local councils and the Tasmanian Heritage Council for the proposed work as a condition precedent to the first loan draw down.
- Demonstrate that the project will improve the profitability of the establishment or improve service and quality of the offering.
- Include a refurbishment/maintenance plan that includes detailed costings for the project.
- Operate as a sole trader, trust, partnership, private company or council established under section 18 of the Local Government Act 1993 (Tas).
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete eligibility requirements.
The rest of this grant's information is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.