This program aims to provide financial assistance to Tasmanian fruit growers that have been affected by the fruit fly event, as indicated by the Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a Tasmanian owned and based primary production enterprise operating in a fruit fly control area growing fruit fly host produce at the time of the declaration of the event.
- Operate as a sole trader, trust, partnership or private company.
- Demonstrate a clear need for the loan, to the satisfaction of the Department of State Growth.
- Complete the loan application form, including the acknowledgement form from their bank.
- Include a brief summary, to the satisfaction of the department, of how the business will recover from fruit fly.
- Demonstrate the financial viability of the business before the fruit fly event.
- Demonstrate that the business will be sustainable within the agreed loan period.
- Be registered for tax purposes in Australia as a Primary Industry with an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST.
The rest of this grant's information is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.