This program aims to encourage and assist social enterprises to establish and/or expand in the municipality through offsetting costs incurred as a result of new development or expansion.
Eligible applicants include:
- For profit organisations and businesses
- Not for profit organisations and business that:
a) Are incorporated associations or companies.
b) Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or can provide written advice from the Australian Tax Office that no withholding tax is required from the grant payment; or are to be auspiced by an eligible organisation for the duration of the project.
- Philanthropic organisations
- Start-ups and established businesses that have a sound business proposal, as detailed in their Business Plan, that will proceed regardless of grant funding.
- Businesses and organisations currently located or intending to locate in the City of Ballarat, and whose social purpose outcomes benefit the community.
Organisations are required to:
- Meet all relevant legislative requirements (e.g. Occupational Health & Safety, Risk, Equal Opportunity, and WorkCover).
- Ensure volunteers are registered with the organisation and adequately covered by insurance.
- Have Public Liability Insurance cover of up to $20 million and may be required to indemnify the council according to the level of risk of the funded project, event or activity.
For the purpose of this program, a Social Enterprise is defined as an organisation that combines trade with a social purpose, where that social purpose is a defining part of the business.
The rest of this grant's information is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.